Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Simple Guideline for your Upcoming College Adventure.

Summer 2010 is about to close while the opening of classes is fast approaching. Some students are ecstatic and excited, some felt their summer period was not enough to the point they decide to extend it for at least 1 day. I remember my first day of my College days, it was both exciting and nerve-wracking, and the following semester of my first semester of my College life. Because I shifted to another course, I need to adopt and blend to my new classmates which is not easy.
A lot of incoming freshmen students told me that they are not yet ready to enter the world of College. Because of that, I made up some tips on how to kick off one's College life:

  1. Put your smiley face on, ALWAYS!

    - Having this kind of mask always creates a positive first impression. As the saying goes, "First impressions last.", so better start building friendship with a smile switched on.
  2. Start the talk.

    - The person sitting beside you feels the same way like you do, so better hook up with a new friend by introducing yourself. Always remember, the best way to start a conversation is a smart talk. Don't rush in for some personal facts about him/her, it's still first day of class. You can know him better as the day goes by.

  1. Never miss the first!

    - Missing the first day of classes is a habit a student should never learn. If you do it, it's like missing a piece of a puzzle. Some important matters might be discussed on this day or the tallying of the attendance starts on the first day. This might cause you regret that you will carry for the entire semester which is not healthy for your mind. Formulation of the seat plan is mostly done during the first day, so hunt for that perfect spot.

  2. Approach the shy, avoid the boastful.

    - Learn to be like a public-relations officer. Approach the shy ones so that they feel that there is nothing to be ashamed of. But like high school, you can't eliminate the bullies. People like them must be dealt by giving 50% attention and 50% avoidance, meaning, learn when to talk to them and when not to talk to them.

  3. Think positive!

    - You can never go wrong with an optimistic mood. Dealing the first day with a positive mind is , for me, the safest weapon you can carry.


  4. In terms of socializing with other people, College differ from high school. The best way to ease the jitters you experience beforehand is start the day with a good mood and end it with new set of friends.

2 comments:

Rox said...

My first experience in college life? Ang first nakong na friend kay laki then laki next laki napud then last kay mga girls. Nagtuo sila nga tomboy ko. I had a very short2x hair and I was wearing t-shirt, cargo jeans, and rubber shoes. I had no bag with me, just a pen and a notebook. Nyahahaha!

Bjornson Bernales said...

Hi!

Nice blog you have here.

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and for taking the interest to be among the notable bloggers in the future.

It might take days or months for a blog to be recognized in the blogosphere. Normally, I get recognition from other blogs and sites outside of this country and my niche. But don't worry, just have passion, blogging.

Blog is a form of new media and this should be recognized when venturing into blogging. You will be on your way to blogging success eventually but remember it may take time for a blog to be successful.

Bjorn

Post a Comment